I always feel slightly guilty when I don’t finish a book. But, I also think that there is not enough time to read something you are just not enjoying.
Today I am sharing my list of the last ten books I didn’t finish.
1. Caraval by Stephanie Garner
I only made it five pages in. I had just read Matched by Ally Condie and so had no tolerance for angsty teenagers.
2. Pax by Sarah Pennypacker
3. The Leveler by Julia Durango
4. Lab Girl by Hope Jahrem
5. The Mayflower & The Pilgrim’s New World by Nathan Philbrick (This book really was so good! I learned so much! It just broke my heart when the pilgrims quit trying for peace and got greedy. Once war finally broke out, I just couldn’t do it anymore.)
6. Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Jim Fay. (I have tried reading this book like 8 times! My daughter never seems to fit into the general child mold books like this portray in their scenarios. I need to be in on a session so I can ask questions about my child specifically.)
7. The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
I do want to finish this one some day. It was really good! It was just going so slow. I need to listen to the rest.
8. The Boys Who Challenged Hitler by Phillip H. Hoose
I wanted to want to finish this. I just don’t do great with non-fiction.
9. Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
The voices on the audiobook may have ruined this book for me forever. It’s really too bad though because it is a Newberry Award Winner.
10. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
I just couldn’t care. I tried so hard! I really did. I listened to the first half and then read the rest of the plot on Wikipedia because I am a horrible person….
It’s not just me right? We all put a book down every once in a while. What are some books you haven’t finished recently?